The inspiration for Sainik Schools came from the Rashtriya Indian Military College (RIMC) which have given India many service chiefs and the public school system of England.
The Sainik Schools are a system of schools in India established and managed by the Sainik Schools Society under Ministry of Defence. They were conceived in 1961 by V. K. Krishna Menon, the then Defence Minister of India, to rectify the regional and class imbalance amongst the Officer cadre of the Indian Military, and to prepare students for entry into the National Defence Academy (NDA), Khadakwasla, Pune and Indian Naval Academy. Today there are 28 such schools covering all the states of the country. There are 2 schools in AP, The Korukonda Sainik Schools is located in spacious estate of 206 acres of the old Vizianagaram palace, the Kalikiri Sainik School is located at Chittoor district.
Though these schools emphasis on military education, they do not force the students to join in armed forces. The students can quit line and opt for civilian career and still raise to an enviable height in life.
SAINIK School Specialties
- Union Government Organization: As Sainik school society is functioning under the Chairmanship of the Defence Minister, Government of India. Sainik school establish in every state under chairmanship of Senior Defence Service Officer.
- CBSE Curriculum: CBSE curriculum is followed in all JNVs from 6th to 12th class, which is to be covered as per the split up plan set by SSS. This gives students an ample opportunity to learn in a scientific manner.
- Aim: primary aim of preparing boys academically, physically and mentally for entry into the National Defence Academy.
- Scholarships: The State Govts also award scholarships on merit cum means basis.
- NCC training & Adventure Activities: such as cycle expedition, mountaineering, Trekking, rock climbing, etc to ensure all round development of personalities.
- Unique Facilities: Riding Club, Swimming Pool, Gymnasium, Resident Medical Officer.
- Career Opportunities: Sainik School prepares the student for UPSC NDA exams-
- NATIONAL DEFENCE ACADEMY
- INDIAN MILITARY ACADEMY
- INDIAN NAVAL ACADEMY
- INDIAN AIR FORCE ACADEMY
Admission is made once in a year in class VI/IX only though ALL INDIA SAINIK SCHOOL ENTRANCE EXAMINATION organized by SAINIK SCHOOLS SOCIETY which is held on the FIRST SUNDAY of JANUARY every year.
Entrance Exam Coaching Duration during summer holidays, short/long terms, daily morning/evening flexible batches available at our academy. Training is provided for Class 6th and Class 9th entrance exam.
Student Life at SAINIK SCHOOL..