Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas (JNVs) are a system of alternate schools for gifted students in India. They are run by Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti, New Delhi, an autonomous organization under the Department of School Education and Literacy, Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India. JNVs are fully residential and co-educational schools affiliated to Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), New Delhi, with classes from VI to XII standard. JNVs are specifically tasked with finding talented children in rural areas of India and providing them with an education equivalent to the best residential school system, without regard to their families' socio-economic condition.
- Union Government Organization: As Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti is an autonomous organization under Ministry of Human Resources Development, Government of India. Navodaya school establish in every district and is looked after by District collector.
- CBSE Curriculum: CBSE curriculum is followed in all JNVs from 6th to 12th class, which is to be covered as per the split up plan set by NVS. This gives students an ample opportunity to learn in a scientific manner.
- Expert Faculty: The teachers are trained both inside and outside the organization. Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti has setup its own Navodaya Leadership Institute to train its faculty. At times, they are also trained in certain JNVs themselves.
- All-round development:The best thing. Also, the most important thing. JNVians know about almost every major sport, often show proficiency in one or other form of art and music, and are great at appreciating the cultural diversity. No other school I know focuses that much on all round development of a child.
- All India Character: Mostly teachers serving the school are from other states which gives it an All India character. Moreover, there is a migration scheme wherein students from Hindi speaking students migrate to Non Hindi speaking states and vice versa to promote National Integration.
- Dakshana(Career Advancement Program): NVS has signed an MOU with Dakshana Foundation, wherein students are given free coaching to prepare for JEE & NEET. Last year, 380 out of 425 JNV students who appeared for JEE (Main) qualified, recording a success rate of 89.4 per cent.
- Best results: JNVs secures best average results all over country than any other institutes. Due to lot of efforts of teachers navodaya always in top results
- Great alumni base: AIJAA – 1.4+ L Alumni - All India Alumni JNV Association (on FB), We boast of one of the largest Alumni base. In coming years the number will touch new heights. You can network with so many talented individuals with different profiles.
Admissions into the JNVs are made through the JAWAHAR NAVODAYA VIDYALAYA SELECTION TEST (JNVST) at Class VI/IX. Total 80 seats for Class VI, 75% of seats are for rural students and 15% of seats are urban students.
Entrance Exam Coaching Duration during summer holidays, short/long terms, daily morning/evening flexible batches available at our academy. Training is provided for Class 6th and Class 9th entrance exam.
Student Life at JNV..