The Rashtriya Indian Military College (RIMC) is a public school for boys situated in Doon Valley, Dehradun in India. The RIMC is a feeder institution for the National Defence Academy, Indian Naval Academy and subsequently the Indian Armed Forces. RIMC now offers an excellent public school life, oriented towards joining the NDA. RIMC has a 1:12 teacher student ratio. A cadet, during his stay at the RIMC, gets a full glimpse of the life of an Indian Armed forces Officer.
- Union Government Organization: The college is administered by the Union Ministry of Defense, through the Directorate General of Military Training, Army.
- CBSE Curriculum: Cadets at the RIMC follow the 10+2 pattern curriculum of Indian Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), New Delhi.
- Limca Book of Records confirm RIMC is perhaps the only institution in the country where exams for Class X and XII are conducted twice a year, in May and November.
- Sports: Sports and games played at RIMC include boxing, football, horse riding, hockey, squash, swimming and shooting. RIMC has produced International level sports persons in the games of squash, shooting and horse riding. RIMC has a 50-metre olympic-sized swimming pool, an indoor swimming pool, 5 basketball courts, 3 squash courts, and numerous football and hockey fields.
- Adventure Activities: Ample opportunities is given and students are encouraged to pursue adventure sports like Trekking, Long Distance Cycling through flat and hilly terrain, Mountaineering, Skiing, White Water Rafting and Para Sailing. Cadets have also Sailed on INS Taragani along stretches around the globe.
- Career Opportunities: RIMC prepares Cadets for the UPSC Examination for entry to the NDA. RIMC has sent 81% of cadets to NDA from each course (as compared to the national average which stands at 0.6%).
- Great alumni base: Alumni of the RIMC are known as "Rimcollians". Rimcollians have held high positions in the Armed Forces, many becoming the Chiefs of Staff in the Indian.
Admission procedure- RIMC conducts an admission process in Class VIII. Candidates are males studying in Class VII and the age of the candidate must be between 11.5 and 13 years at the time of commencement of term.
For more details like age limit, eligible criteria and fees please click here..